Thursday, October 11, 2007

JS Gives Way

News conference is supposed to occur at 3:30 ET to completely validate the news that John Schuerholz has stepped down and will be named Team President. Dammit, I don't feel like writing another "Era has Ended" column. Andruw was enough.

Schuerholz has resided over the club since after the 1990 season and the results are solid. While I believe people overrate his abilities, the Braves were a competitive club from 1991-2005 under his watch. He took over a team rich in young pitching, due to smart drafting/trading when Bobby Cox was the GM. He has made some really bad trades, some really great trades.

Now, I will be writing a bit on Schuerholz for chopnation so I don't want to repeat myself over and over again. Technically, his new position will keep Schuerholz in town, but I tend to think it's more a "well, as long as you want, you can be the Team President." I wouldn't be very surprised if he's the next Cardinals GM, I guess.

No comments: