Monday, October 15, 2007

Wow, Bowman with a body blow

Usually, Mark Bowman avoids all definites. He's either afraid to give them or the organization doesn't want them out in the public domain. However, when answering a question about Leo, he was very adament.

"When I read the first few questions that contained this subject, I was planning to attempt to find a more pertinent topic. My incorrect assumption was that after he exited to take the Orioles job two years ago, enough had been written to clearly indicate his departure created no tears within the Braves organization.

But since so many asked about Mazzone's potential return, I'll make it simple and say it ain't happening. Some of you suggested for sentimental reasons it would be great to bring both Mazzone and Tom Glavine back next year.

I'll just say if the Braves were planning on constructing a reunion team next year, there would be a much greater chance of seeing Charlie Leibrandt back in the rotation than of having Mazzone back on Bobby Cox's coaching staff."

Hopefully, that puts a bit of a wall up to the countless Leo posts I've seen.

No comments: