Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Catching up...

So, the Braves have had a busy few days. Time to see what's up and all that jazz.

Tom Glavine has signed a one-year, $8M deal. Had he been anyone else, I would have had a meet and greet. But that would be dumb. Anyway, the deal was finalized and Glavine said it was for the best. As much as I love nostalgia and my recent purchase of the TMNT movie plays up that fact, this signing does little for me. It's not a bad signing, but it's not a good signing. It just makes sense. Personally, I doubt Glavine will do much more than John Thomson when the latter was healthy. I have been wrong before, though. See: saying "I've been wrong before, though."

Braves added three pitchers to their 40 man roster in efforts to protect them. I often find at least one name that pisses me off to see. That name is going to be Charlie Morton. In years past, it was the likes of Mike fucking Hessman. Morton has had a nice fall league, but he's never been that good. I guess he could theoritically get it together as a bullpen guy, but don't see why he needed to be protected. Also added were J.C. or Jairo Cuevas and Zach Schreiber. I've heard the latter is a no stuff, good minor leaguer. Cuevas, however, has a live arm. Still, none of these names are that interesting. I guess there weren't many good players to be protected.

Um...oh, also in that article, Peterson Orr was desiginated for assignment. Can I get a w00t, w00t?

Happy thanksgiving peeps.

No comments: