Monday, December 31, 2007

More HOF Talk

Not doing anything for New Years except for drinking random things, watching West Wing, and reading baseball stuff. Joe Sheehan from Baseball Prospectus and often appearances on ESPNews released his HOF ballot, if he had one.

He follows my Blyleven and Raines picks and adds, "however, Raines produced value for his teams, so much so that he’s not only a deserving Hall of Famer, but like Blyleven, one who raises the standards for entry." I like that one. I think HOF voters don't look at that enough. The Hall should be tough as hell to get in. We should make it that and our voting is the way to do that.

I don't agree with Gossage or McGwire, moreso McGwire than Gossage. I just can't make myself vote for that roided up freak.

The Murph got a great line, though. "If you can’t stand out among a group of Hall of Fame nominees, it is likely that neither you nor the other guys are Hall of Famers."

No comments: