Sunday, February 3, 2008

BaseballProspectus Top 100

Here are the Braves prospects on the list...

17. Jordan Schafer, of, Braves
36. Jason Heyward, of, Braves
63. Brent Lillibridge, ss, Braves
70. Brandon Jones, of, Braves
83. Gorkys Hernandez, of, Braves
86. Jair Jurrjens, rhp, Braves

According to Kevin Goldstein, the Braves offensive future is packed, especially in the outfield. I think that's fair, but I think he underestimates the pitching a bit, especially Tommy Hanson and Cole Rohrbough. Both, I feel, are big prospects. Obviously, I feel that way about Hanson because I ranked him first in my top 30. The more and more I think about it, Rohrbough may have the higher ceiling. There may not be a prospect in the system with more control, strikeout ability, and a penchant for inducing groundballs.

But overall, this system remains barren of the biggest prospects in the minors. I think this list backs that up. But it continues to have a bunch of solid minor leaguers that other systems would love to have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I don't know how else to contact you, can't find an email address or contact form anywhere on this blog. Anyways I'm setting up a new RSS Aggretator of Atlanta Braves blogs and would like to talk to you about adding your site to the list. Please respond back at webmaster@the-tomahawk.com.
You can see the site here, http://the-tomahawk.com. Thanks.

--
Kyle