Friday, March 7, 2008

I'm alive!

-It's been forever since I last posted. I had a fun week of vacation and the computer was excluded from my vacation, though alcohol was not. Yummy.

-Anyway, I have a whole lot of articles to sniff through, but I'll just focus on the last few days for this little spiel. First, the Braves are 6-3 after a loss to the Tigers today. I don't have the stats from that loss, which was 9-6, and spring training records are worthless, but hey, it's something to report.

-Joe Borchard is killing the ball. All five of his hits are for extra bases. Dammit, I hate when bad players have good numbers. Esco is a cool 8 for 16 while Tyler Flowers, Jeff Francoeur, Javy Lopez, and Mark Teixeira share the team's four homeruns. Scott Thorman, Brian McCann, Brent Lillibridge, and Brandon Jones are all kind of sucking so far.

-On the mound, Jair Jurrjens is doing everything possible to nail down a spot. In five innings, he has allowed just one earned run and batters are hitting .118 off of him. My Buddy hasn't given up a hit or a walk in four innings. Glav and Resop are tied with a team-high four K's.

-At some point, the Braves signed Jonathon Rouwenhorst from the Angels. Semi-old lefty who has just kind of sucked his whole career.

-In news that surprises no one, Mike Hampton is hurt. Seriously, how in the world can anyone expect him to really do much?

-The Braves nearly tossed a no-hitter yesterday in a 4-1 win over the Tigers. Colter Bean, a name I know only because he was the Yankees closer for years in my Out of the Park video game, allowed a two hit single in the ninth. Good job dumbass!

-Barry Bonds to the Braves? According to Phil Rogers, "The best fit of all for Bonds could be in Atlanta, however, with a hole in left field and Bobby Cox to keep him in line." The hole in left field, hmmm. Matt Diaz, whatcha think?

-Well, I'm back! w00t, w00t

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you don't know what you're talking about.

Tommy Poe said...

Oh, I agree completely. I just randomly hit the keyboard and somehow, through magic, it comes up with words and sentences. I don't even know what they mean.